Example town hall: George Radanovich (R, CA)
At the heart of our research is a series of online town halls we conducted with Members of Congress. Below is a series of snippets from our online town hall with George Radanovich, then a Republican Member of Congress from California.
Note key elements:
1) Everything is voice mediated (making clear that it is the Member, not staff person, who is communicating)
2) Short introductory remarks by the Member.
3) Light handed and neutral moderation.
4) A diverse/representative set of constituents who were invited, as reflected in the variety of questions received.
5) Direct and clear communication between the Member and constituents-- making clear agreements and disagreements.
6) Thoughtful, informative, and substantive exchanges.